Bangladesh is one of those hot destinations or the hub of all those candidates, who aspire to pursue their MBBS at the low package and with the quality of education standards. The country is having a significant number of medical colleges which are offering medical courses, such as MBBS and other medical courses at a very low package. So, if you are one of those candidates who is aspiring to pursue the MBBS in Bangladesh, then this article is going to be for you. We advise you to read the article thoroughly.
Why Study MBBS in Bangladesh?
Well, there are plenty of reasons to justify that why pursuing the MBBS from Bangladesh could be a great option for you. The major reasons we are listing down here.
- The majority of the medical colleges in Bangladesh are recognized by the medical authorities of the other nations and also by the WHO consequently giving it a huge scope to the MBBS from Bangladesh
- The cost of living in Bangladesh is very least compared to the other countries in the Asian Continent and also the fee of medical college is very affordable.
- Bangladesh is having very prominent universities in its bucket which are known to imparting the world’s class MBBS education.
- There is no donation taken by the medical colleges while giving admission to the students.
How is MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students?
- The education system of the country has grown significantly over the last few years.
- From the infrastructure of the colleges to the quality of the medical courses taught, the country has witnessed a massive boost.
- The five-year MBBS curriculum is similar to that of Indian colleges.
- Degrees from most of the universities in Bangladesh are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- The books and journals followed by the colleges are similar to that of India.
- Institutes in Bangladesh have a low fee structure that is affordable for most Indian students
- Language is not a problem.
- All classes and courses are conducted in English.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls.
- The cost of travelling from India is extremely low. Apart from the daily flights, regular bus services are available from Kolkata to Dhaka.
- No donation is taken for admission. You get admitted directly.
- It is easy to get a student visa for Bangladesh.
- There are over 5,000 Indian students already pursuing their MBBS and BDS degrees in this country.
Complete procedure for MBBS In Bangladesh
If you are looking forward to pursuing the MBBS from Bangladesh then you must satisfy a few criteria in order to get admitted into the Bangladesh medical colleges of MBBS. Here below we are listing those criteria.
- The candidate must be having an international passport ready before applying for the MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Candidates must be minimum of 17 years of age and candidates must be 12 grades passed out without any gap of more than 2 years.
- Further, Bangladesh Medical Universities require a minimum GP of 3.5 in the biology subject.
- Candidates are not required to appear in any entrance examination for MBBS admission.
Fee is low and affordable for Indian students. They can have other pleasures as well with the MBBS course. MBBS fees of top medical colleges/universities in Bangladesh will cost from 36 lakhs to 45 lakhs including accommodation and food. This can also vary depending on the colleges in Bangladesh. It is advisable for the medical aspirants who cannot afford a heavy fee structure to opt for Medical universities in Bangladesh. This may help the Indian students who cannot get admission due to their ranking or any other issues to adjust well with the education pattern, food and culture. It will be a home away from home. The medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized by the Medical Council Of India, Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, Bangladesh government provides 92 seats (82 MBBS seats & 10 BDS seats) for eligible students from SAARC countries.
MCI like curriculum
The medical syllabus in Bangladesh is the same as that followed by the Medical Council of India. In fact, historically Bangladesh has been a part of India and there is very little difference between Bangladesh and West Bengal in terms of Climatic conditions or disease patterns.
What is the process for admission to the MBBS program in Bangladesh?
The process is quite simple. You need to follow the following steps for the MBBS admission process in Bangladesh. Also, check application procedure for MBBS :
- Calculate GPA online check your eligibility criteria
- Go through all available colleges and universities in Bangladesh visit MBBS Fees in Bangladesh. Make choices after careful thought and consideration.
- Application forms are available online through the official websites of the Bangladesh High Commission or Deputy High Commission Of Bangladesh. Fill the form and attach all required documents.
- Now it is the turn of the institution. Their team will analyze your application and they will reply
- Once you get the invitation letter then you can go ahead with the deposit of fees.
- Go to the High Commission of Bangladesh and apply for a student visa. High commission offices are located in New Delhi, Kolkata, Agartala, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Bangalore.
- Once VISA is approved then go to college/university and explore study MBBS in Bangladesh 2020 at a very affordable cost.
Is NEET Required for MBBS study in Bangladesh?
Yes, the NEET qualifying score is required for MBBS admission in Bangladesh. To study MBBS Abroad candidates are required to qualify NEET, the score valid for 3 (three) years. Apply in Bangladeshi Medical Colleges required a NEET-UG qualified score which is national level medical exam in India. NEET-UG is quite an easy exam if you study seriously, as more than 50 percent of a candidate who appears are declared qualified.
When National Exit Test (NEXT) will implement?
The National Medical Commission (NMC) came into existence on Friday 25 September 2020, MBBS graduates will be required to sit for a National Exit Test (NEXT) both for medical practicing in India and pursuing PG Medical Entrance. The proposed date of the National Exit Test (NEXT) will announce soon by the new National Medical Commission (NMC).
Is an MBBS degree from Bangladesh valid in India?
MBBS degree from Bangladesh is valid and acceptable in India. Once any Indian candidate finishes course then come to India and write an FMGE/NEXT test organized by the NBA, National Medical Commission (NMC) formally the Medical Council of India (MCI) licensing exam to start practice in the country.
Which are Some Prominent MBBS Colleges in Bangladesh?
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Community-Based Medical College
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Eastern Medical College
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Dhaka
- Medical College for Women’s Uttara Dhaka
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College, Sylhet